This is the final part of the Camden Crawl Lowdown before the big event this weekend! Woo! It is going to be mega and I can’t wait, its like Christmas…
As its (kind of) Christmas here is a list (you see what I did there) of top tips of ways to maximise fun and be prepared.
1) Get a list together of the artists that you want to see in order of preference. Be prepared to make tough decisions as there are bound to be clashes in the schedule. Sticking to your list should help you make the most of the weekend.
2) Go on the website and double check to see who is playing on both days. You should factor that into your planning!
3) Get to the venue one artist before the one you want to see. Some of the venues are small and will have limited capacity. This will help ensure that you wont be disappointed by the queues.
4) Try and see 2 bands that you have never heard of. For shits and giggles and such!
5) There may well be merchandise for sale at the gigs, bring some extra cash if you can, as you’ll want to buy their rare Ep’s and stuff.
6) Camden is a small place and you are bound to see some of the acts wandering about. If you like them don’t be shy, go up and say hello and try and grab a picture. Bring a marker pen so that they can sign your boobs.
7) Be prepared to jettison your friends if they are not interested in a band! This sounds harsh, but it could ruin your enjoyment!
8) Don’t underestimate the distance between venues!
9) Things are likely to run late at some places. This is rock and roll. Deal with it!
10) Enjoy it!
There are still a fair few bands that I want recommend to you all but there is not much time left to get in there and explain why I think you should see them. As action speaks louder than words I have chosen to give you a brief intro to each of them and a link to a tune of theirs that you should hear. Press play on the track and see what you think! If you wanna hear more go out and hear more and try your best to see them this weekend.
John and Jehn